Saturday, August 8, 2009

expectantly receptive and demandingly active

besides thinking lately about how to arrange information on my lucia site for various viewing options--slow and quick, random and linear, links to the www and my own work--i'm thinking more about my relationship to my machine collaborators.

this morning, i realize that the computers, hard drives, cameras and sound recorders are all strong, worthy opponents to push against. they push back by presenting me with a devil's grin (just prior to or after quitting) that insists on detailed attention to the way THEY are. if i'm willing to take them on, they deliver boons or gifts for our mutual projects. a lesser "otherness" would demand less and i could squirm away into my own narrow habits. the machines and i are BOTH expectantly receptive and demandingly active--a good team to look for lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment